Frequently asked questions:
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A PTA MEMBER?
- Joining the PTA keeps you connected and active in our school. PTA members have access to an online directory of other Benfield PTA parent, enjoy PTA member discounts, and receive exclusive PTA e-mail updates for timely reminders throughout the year. If you join the PTA you are not required to volunteer although if you are interested we would love to have you join our team.
Do I need to sign up to become a PTA member each school year?
- PTA membership lasts for the school year. The PTA membership drive take place in the fall, but you can join any time of the year.
WHY DO I NEED TO GIVE TO THE PATRONS’ DRIVE?
- Giving to the Patrons’ Drive eliminates the need for students to conduct door-to-door fundraising. Your donation is 100% tax deductible and goes directly to Benfield students! The PTA suggests a donation of $50 per Benfield student. However, every donation is appreciated!
HOW IS MY DONATION TO THE PATRONS’ DRIVE USED?
- Chromebook carts- $16,000 Benfield currently has two carts of 30 Chromebooks (lap top computers.) The PTA is purchasing two additional carts at $8,000 each. Our goal is for each grade to have a Chromebook cart by the end of the year to integrate more technology into classroom learning.
- Teacher support- $6,000 Throughout the year teachers need materials and supplies for their classroom to enhance your child’s educational experience. Support from the PTA offsets teachers’ out-of-pocket expenses.
- Educational assemblies for students-$8,000 Students attend a variety of assemblies about anti-bullying, science, music and cyber awareness.
- Clubs and enrichment programs- $6,000 The PTA is instrumental in funding programs such as an Artist-in-Residence, Sea Perch, Green Team Club, Drama Club, and much more.
WHAT WILL MY DONATION GO TOWARDS THIS YEAR?
- This year we have big plans for our courtyard and outdoor space. We also will continue to provide our teachers with the supplies that they need to run effective classrooms and our students will benefit from wonderful hands on assemblies throughout the year. Each year we work with the teachers and staff to purchase items that directly help our students succeed.
HOW CAN I MAKE A GIFT?
- You can make a gift or give a matching gift. Make a gift online using your Visa, MasterCard, Amex or Discover via our secure online giving page. You may be able to double your donation to Benfield Elementary. Many employers sponsor matching gift programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. Please email Elizabeth Somerset firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Knoepfle at email@example.com with any questions.
DO YOU ACCEPT MATCHING GIFTS?
- Having your gift matched by your employer is an easy way to double or sometimes triple your gift to Benfield Elementary. Many employers have matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. Check with your employer today.
HOW DO I GET MY 2017-2018 MAGNET?
- Magnets will be distributed to your student in the month of October.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?